Sunday 24 May 2015

First Full Day in England

Wood Pigeon
It certainly seems strange to be back in the UK after a lazy 23 years away. Now I had a few jobs to do while all of the folks in the new group arrived; get some checklists printed, pick up the new van etc etc and between times quickly start my UK 2015 list.

My birding was limited to a ten kilometre round trip [and i was a little tired after it]. Still I saw the usual suspects; Blue, Great and Long-tailed Tits, Blackbird, Robin, Dunnock, Goldfinch, Wood and feral Pigeon, Magpie, Starling, plus a few unexpected species like Ring-necked Parrakeet and Green Woodpecker. Carrion Crow and Herring Gulls were flying around also.

A few of the other people on the trip reported Red Kite - a bird that i need for my UK list. I'm sure that i will get it soon.

mystery bird - any takers?

Dunnock in song

Goldfinch among English roses

Robin

Traffic island UK style - note patches of weeds deliberately left

2 comments: